The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a classic children's book that all ages can enjoy. It's also a great way to get your children interested in science. Once you've read the book, try a few of these ideas -
- Have a sandwich and fruit salad for lunch (include apples, pears, plums, strawberries, and oranges in your fruit salad). Have an ice cream cone for dessert!
- Make egg carton caterpillars. Have an adult cut a clean egg carton in half. Children can decorate it with paint, glitter, and pipe cleaner antennae.
- Learn about the life cycle of butterflies.
- Make Paper Plate Butterflies.
- Visit a butterfly house. (Many zoos and botanical gardens have these - do an internet search to see if you have one nearby.)
Bear Hugs Baby Boutique