It's easy to get caught up in the craziness during the holidays - especially now that Christmas is only 9 days away! A great way to focus on the meaning of Christmas is to give to others. There are many different ways you can give throughout the world and in your local community. Today we're focusing on ideas for your community. Here are just a few -
- Toys for Tots collects new and unwrapped toys for needy children. There are lots of drop off locations around the country. Click here to search for one near you.
- Many communities collect toys for underprivileged children in their own area. Check with your city to find out about local programs.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen.
- Make a donation to your local food bank.
- Go through all of your family's clothing and toys and donate items that are too small or unneeded (in good condition, of course).
- Volunteer at your local Humane Society, or donate food and toys for the animals.
- Donate toys to your local children's home.
- Make easy fleece blankets to give to homeless shelters.
- Collect coats, gloves, hats, and scarves and donate them to a homeless shelter.
- Visit your local children's hospital. Bring games, toys, and coloring books for the children. (Call the hospital first to find out about restrictions and requirements for visits. Even if you're not allowed to see the children, you should be able to drop off toys.)
- Bake cookies and drop them off at your local fire station(s) and police station(s).
**Our friends at Bag Lady's Ramblings are giving away a $10 Starbucks eGift card. Visit their blog to enter!
Bear Hugs Baby Boutique