You will need:
- A tall glass jar (spaghetti sauce or mayonnaise jar works well) with a lid
- Blue food coloring
- Liquid dish detergent
- Fill the jar with water to 1 inch from the lid.
- Add a few drops of blue food coloring and 1 tsp liquid dish detergent.
- Put the lid on tightly.
- Hold the jar straight out in front of you (away from your body) horizontally with a hand on each end.
- Shake the jar in a very fast circular motion 10 - 12 times.
- Immediately turn the jar upright.
*You can even make this educational by teaching your kids the basics about weather and what makes tornados form after your project is complete. :)
For more fun rainy day activities, make sure to check out our other posts - here, here, and here.